An Event Apart Orlando: Special Edition is a three-day conference with a series of sessions and an intense focus on digital design, UX, content, code, and more.
Sometimes, to do your best work, you need a change of pace, to get out from behind your desk for a bit and open yourself up to a whole new world of people and ideas. Attending a conference is a great way to do exactly that. It’s a chance to stretch your legs and your mind.
Here are just a few reasons why An Event Apart (AEA) is a great choice:
- Learn from the best — the event’s speakers aren’t just industry leaders with years of experience and deep insight. They’re also engaging, inspiring thinkers who are passionate about sharing what they’ve learned and helping you level up your skills.
- Learn what’s next — AEA doesn’t just present what’s happening right now. The event also looks ahead to what’s around the corner. Just a few of the topics people heard about on its stage before the rest of the industry knew they were coming: responsive web design, mobile-first practices, content strategy, and CSS Grid.
- Learn from your peers — the attendees are dedicated professionals with experience and know-how from years in the field. The person you bump into at the opening night reception may have faced and overcome the exact problem you’re facing now, or know someone who has.
- Immediate takeaways — AEA emphasizes to all its speakers that while inspiration and insights for the future are great, what every talk needs to have is tips and techniques you can take back to your desk right now. And, time and again, they deliver.
- Share what you learn — AEA will send you off with copies of all the speaker slides, so you can use the same examples when you present what you learned to the rest of your team.
*Given the ever-changing status of the Coronavirus pandemic, the schedules of several events are changing. To see their latest updates, please visit each event’s respective website.
Amongst previous attendees there were:
Sarah Parmenter, Founder, You Know Who;
Yesenia Perez-Cruz, Design Director, Vox Media;
Eric Meyer, Author, CSS: The Definitive Guide; and many others...